Date:      Tue, 3 Apr 2012 13:36:59 +0200
From:      Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt@freebsd.org>
To:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [patch] iwi(4) watchdog broken

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 13:03, Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Suspend/Resume problem was solved (thanks bschmidt!),
> however problem still remainds after watchdog messages like
> `device timeout' or `firmware stuck in state 4, resetting'.

Honestly, I'd rather see the above issues fixed and not the workaround
for it. ;)
Do you have a test case to reproduce this?

> I've made patches against not only iwi(4) but also net8011 code
> and tested for few days;
> http://people.freebsd.org/~iwasaki/iwi/iwi-20120403.diff
>
> Please review the patches, Thanks!

So, if I get that correctly, the only difference is that you added a
ieee80211_new_state_locked(vap, IEEE80211_S_INIT, -1); call, right?
Any reason why not calling ieee80211_stop_all()/ieee80211_start_all()
directly in iwi_restart()? This will call the appropriate
iwi_init/stop functions.

--
Bernhard