Date:      Fri, 9 Sep 2005 08:05:37 +0100
From:      James Goldsmith <jdsg84@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg_create and srcdir

Hi list :)

This is a two part question, but they are vaguely related, so bear with
me...

Firstly, using pkg_create in a sh script in the following way works
fine:
pkg_create -v -s $SRCDIR -d $DESC -c $COMMENT -I $POST_INSTALL -p
"$INSTALLDIR/$packagename" -f $PLIST -o "net/$packagename" $packagename

where $SRCDIR is defined as SRCDIR=3D`pwd`
and $INSTALLDIR is /usr/local

However, if I remove the -s $SRCDIR parameter, it fails claiming tar
"couldn't stat" my files. I was under the impression that if SRCDIR was
not specified, it would use the current working directory instead (which
is where my files to be packaged reside, and what I am defining anyway
using pwd). Is this correct?

Secondly, and along the same lines: When the above is run, in the
+CONTENTS file inside the package there is an @SRCDIR line, containing
the directory given in -s $SRCDIR. As far as my experimentation has
gone, the presence of this line does not make any difference to whether
the package installs successfully or not.=20

I would like to hide any build environment details from the customers
this package is being sent to, and thus was wondering if it is possible
to remove the @SRCDIR line, or rather never have it be written to
+CONTENTS in the first place!

Thanks,=20
James