Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 08:55:34 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, tobez@plab.ku.dk
Cc:        voland@plab.ku.dk
Subject:   Re: Matrox Meteor PPB/RGB Rev.C troubles

I believe the Linux version was a port of the FreeBSD version. I recently
read an article that researchers in Europe used the Linux version as
part of a automatic guiding system (ie, the car totally drove itself).

Have you increased the number of DMA pages (METEOR_ALLOC_PAGES) when you are
using RGB24? the default of 217 pages which is not enough space for
even 640x480 (*3 bytes per).

I have not seen the new boards, so I cannot comment on the revised SAA7116.
You are correct the Philips web page apparently does not provide a data
sheet for the 7116. You may want to request a new Desktop video Data Handbook
IC manual.

--mark.