Date:      Sun, 26 Feb 1995 23:46:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Alex R.N. Wetmore" <aw2t+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, security@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: key exchange for rlogin/telnet services?

Excerpts from internet.computing.freebsd-hackers: 26-Feb-95 Re: key
exchange for rlogin.. by "Jordan K. Hubbard"@free
> Sorry, but this still just doesn't do it for me.  I will be doing
> other logins within that session, or often need to `su' to do system
> repair work.  I need the session entirely encrypted from the first
> couple of handshakes.  From all indications, this diffie-hellman thing
> is the way to go!

If skey is setup properly it will require that you use it for all
authentication within the machine (su, ftpd, etc).  The main problem
with it is that you need to have a machine to run the challenge program
on or you need to carry around precomputed challenges.

alex