Date:      Thu, 4 May 2000 14:52:16 +0100
From:      simond@irrelevant.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: low cost consultant (?)

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 02:38:22PM +0000, Salvo Bartolotta wrote:

> That being said, I would suggest changing your attitude a little.
> Rather than risk getting flamed you will get far more help and far
> more constructive responses. If anybody has that PCI card and has
> actually made it work, he/she will be glad to help you.

Personally I just added one line to my kernel config file for my Creative
PCI64 card, I just added "device pcm0" to it and there it went, after
doing the MAKEDEV snd0 it worked fine (much to my surprise as I wasn't
aware that FreeBSD supported any PCI sound cards until I saw it on this
mailing list :)

--
Simon Dick					simond@irrelevant.org