Date:      Mon, 04 Dec 2000 12:12:22 +0100
From:      "Georg-W. Koltermann" <gwk@sgi.com>
To:        Nick Hibma <n_hibma@calcaphon.com>
Cc:        Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Will the urio dev make it to -stable?

Nick Hibma wrote:

> Due to lack of time and other priorities I've not had a good look at the
> driver for problems. I think that the initial submitter has a more
> recent version available and that one should be tested. The NetBSD
> version is also different and I need to look at what that one does.
>
> Also, a patch to the UHCI driver is needed to get performance up to
> reasonable levels (bandwidth reclamation).
>
> Nick

Ok, I upgraded to 4.2-R, and sure enough, there is no urio device.
(un?)fortunately, I own a rio500 and want do use it with FreeBSD, instead of
booting Linux just for the rio500 USB driver.

If the urio is not on 4.2-R, maybe there is a tarball that I can manually patch
into my kernel? How are other people operating their rio500s, when the rio500
userland code has been in the ports collection since at least 4.1-R?

Regards,
Georg.