Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2001 15:36:29 -0400
From:      Tim Singletary <tsingle@vetinsite.com>
To:        Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
Cc:        Tim Singletary <tsingle@vetinsite.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: hard link and schg flag ?

 > if the inmutable flags afects the inode rather than the contents of the file
 > this is a feature, since creating a new hardlink increases the link count

I suspect this is correct.  But I can't find good documentation for
this.

In particular, ln fails with `Operation not permitted'.  I haven't
looked at the source code, but I'll guess this is because link()
failed with EPERM.  But `man 2 link' says that EPERM occurs when
`The file named by _name1_ is a directory', and that's clearly
not what's happening here!

tim