Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:07:22 -0400
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        ryan beasley <ryanb@goddamnbastard.org>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AMI MegaRAID (428 series; Enterprise 1200?) + 4-STABLE (2001.12.14) -> hard lock w/o ability to dump

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 09:34:49AM -0500, ryan beasley wrote:
> I called a panic and the machine was back in a few minutes.  As it
> stands now, I'm looking at the possibilities of the RAID controller
> itself or the RAM installed on it; I'm hoping the driver's OK.  (There
> would probably be a lot more posts about this if said driver wasn't.)

Indeed.  We got a relatively low-end PowerEdge 1400 + PERC/2 and have
been very impressed by it.  I doubt I'd spec anything else for future
servers.  Although I'd love to have management tools. :-)
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/