Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2018 15:04:21 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Subject:   new Ryzen lockup issue ?

Not sure if I have found another issue specific to Ryzen, or a bug that
manifests itself on Ryzen systems easier.  I installed the latest
virtualbox from the ports and was doing some network performance tests
between a vm and the hypervisor using iperf3.  The guest is just a
RELENG11 image and the network is an em nic bridged to epair1b

Then running in a loop

#!/bin/sh
while true
do
iperf3 -t 20 -R -c 192.168.19.18
iperf3  -t 20 -c 192.168.19.18
sleep 20
done

where 192.168.17.19 is the guest image, the box locks up solid after
10min to 30min of letting the script run.  By lockup I mean the keyboard
is not responsive or anything.  I can do this on two separate physical
machines (both ASUS MBs).

# ifconfig epair1a
epair1a: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST>
metric 0 mtu 1500
        options=8<VLAN_MTU>
        ether 02:ff:20:00:06:0a
        hwaddr 02:ff:20:00:06:0a
        inet 192.168.19.17 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.19.255
        nd6 options=29<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
        media: Ethernet 10Gbase-T (10Gbase-T <full-duplex>)
        status: active
        groups: epair

# ifconfig epair1b
epair1b: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu
1500
        options=8<VLAN_MTU>
        ether 02:00:60:00:07:0b
        hwaddr 02:00:60:00:07:0b
        nd6 options=29<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
        media: Ethernet 10Gbase-T (10Gbase-T <full-duplex>)
        status: active
        groups: epair

Any idea how to debug this to see if this is a hardware issue vs the
kernel deadlocking ? If I need to upgrade it to HEAD I can do so if need
be, but it would be nice to try and narrow it down first to a hardware
issue (its 2 different boxes) or software issue.

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400 x203