Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:44:42 -0500
From:      "Larry S. Marso" <larry@marso.com>
To:        Walter Oostendorp <oostendw@worldonline.nl>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sane 1.0 and CAM

I don't know whether this will help you, but for my HP Scanjet 6100c
you need to launch sane with:

xscanimage hp:/dev/pt0
           ^^ who would have guessed?

There's absolutely nothing anywhere in the documentation that remotely
suggests this is the necessary syntax.  But there it is.

(Oh, and make sure you put the pt0 device in your kernel config file).

Best regards
--
Larry S. Marso
larry@marso.com