Date:      25 Sep 2003 09:58:38 +1000
From:      Psyche101 <andy@richardflanagan.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sound Card NOT

Hiya

Thanks - a little messing around, and some very helpful information from
Sergey and Danny have got my sound card recognised. Only small problem
is that hissing sound that you get from"cat /dev/urandom>/dev/dsp" is
all I can get (at least it's a sound :~))when running xmms, kaboodle, or
just the system sounds in control panel. I unplugged the speakers
(Double checking just in case)and when I tried to run xmms, it said that
my sound card was configured properly and was working fine (just my luck
to install a tone deaf xmms version LOL)but it was plugged into the
wrong outlet - so I put it back, and get the hissing back.
Any idea what is going on ? The system tells me I have it right, but I
don't :/

Andrew Kozak

--
I went upstairs and had a smoke, somebody spoke and I went into a
dream.......