Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:59:32 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi>
To:        snap-users@kame.net
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:    Re: (KAME-snap 8807) Re: Weird memory exhaustion with FreeBSD  4.10-STABLE

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, JINMEI Tatuya / [ISO-2022-JP] 神明達哉 wrote:
> Okay.  Now I think I figure out the problem.  Those host routes were
> created not deliberately, so the kernel will eventually need a fix to
> this.
>
> But if you are in a hurry and/or cannot replace the kernel soon, I
> think setting net.inet6.ip6.rtexpire to 0 can be a workaround (with
> this you even do not have to reboot the kernel - though rebooting may
> also help if you can).

Warning: this freezed the system immediately [all network connectivity
broke, and I had to do a quick reset].  Maybe I should have set it up
at reboot before the system was in a 'bad' shape..

Speaking of 6to4, if_stf.c does not support setting the MTU, because
there's no ioctl handler for it.  It wouldn't IMHO hurt to be able to
raise it from the glued-in default of 1280..