Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:32:54 -0400
From:      "ScaryG" <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
To:        "John Galt" <galt@inconnu.isu.edu>, "Mike Porter" <mupi@mknet.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Reporting Code Red attempts

|O|>The funny codered hit was when Netscape.com got it.  It seems that they
|O|>inherited some IIS servers because of a buyout and hadn't
|O|>gotten around to
|O|>switching over to Netscape Enterprise yet :)

 lol

 I live in Ontario, Canada and use the Bell High Speed Edition (DSL)
network.

 Since about 4pm today (it's now 10:30pm) the Apache::CodeRed has responded
to at least 60 CodeRed probes on my web server, and has also noticed
repeated probes (and ignored them).

 This apache module does a good job of emailing the offending system once
every 24 hours. It's worth a look for those that wanna try and help knock
this thing down. Can be found at http://www.cpan.org, just search for
Apache::CodeRed

-gf.