Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 1999 10:33:33 +0100
From:      mkes@ra.rockwell.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cannot make OpenSSH port

I have trouble to compile OpenSSH port under 3.3. I have compiled and
installed the openssl port first and there was no problem. Now, if I try
to make OpenSSH I get following error.

ferda:/usr/ports/security/openssh# make NO_CHECKSUM=yes
===>  Extracting for OpenSSH-1.2
===>   OpenSSH-1.2 depends on shared library: crypto.1 - not found
===>    Verifying install for crypto.1 in /usr/ports/security/openssl
===>   Returning to build of OpenSSH-1.2
Error: shared library "crypto.1" does not exist

It looks like the shared library was not created and installed with the
openssl port because if I try:

ferda:/usr/ports/security/openssl# ls /usr/local/lib | grep crypto
libcrypto.a

... only the static library is found.

Does anybody suceeded to make the OpenSSH port ?

Thanks

Mira