Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2002 09:50:37 -0800
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: burncd wierdness

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 10:17:33AM -0700, Joel Mc Graw wrote:
> Every time I burn a cd with the following line:
>
> "burncd -f /dev/acd0c -e file.to.burn fixate"
>
> it creates a perfect CD, but upon ejecting (the "-e" switch), the CD
> drive dies.  The tray stays in the out position, even when pushing the
> external eject/load button, and the only way I can regain access to the
> drive is by rebooting.  This is an IDE SONY CD-RW on FreeBSD 4.5-R
> (i386).  Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Don't know what might be wrong, but you could try:
`cdcontrol -f /dev/acd0c close'
assuming, of course that your cdrom device is located at acd0c.
When the problem occurs are there any stray processes that might still
be using the device?  Try taking a peek at `top' or `ps aux' when this happens.

Nathan