Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 09:50:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dave Cornejo <cornejo@epatl.genmagic.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   routing to multiple internet connections

I have two connections to the Internet - one frame relay and one cable
modem connected to two separate ethernet segments.  I have one FreeBSD
box sitting on both segments.  My main network is the ethernet
connected to the frame relay, and I need most things to happen through
that network.  For http & ftp however, I want to put a
proxy/cache/whatever on the FreeBSD system and have it route it's
traffic specifically to the cable modem segment.

It's easy enough to get the packets to the interface, but the problem
is that essentially I have two 'default' gateways, one for each
interface.  Getting real routing info from the routers is problematic,
as both claim to offer default routing and I only have access to the
one on the frame relay network.

So, am I screwed and just need to pick one net or the other as my
default?  Or does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!
dave