Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 16:11:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Seal <patseal@hyperhost.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   syslog.conf

I'm trying to restrict the messeges that fill up my messeges log file into
a sudo log. This is what I have so far:

*.notice;kern.debug;mail.crit                   /var/log/messages

!sudo
*.*                             /var/log/sudo

But sudo stuff still goes into messeges as well as sudo.  How can I
restrict sudo stuff from the messeges file? I've tried sudo.none but that
doesn't seem to help, and the man page isn't much help either.

Thanks!

Patrick Seal                        |"Microsoft isn't evil, they just make
<patseal@hyperhost.net>             |   really crappy operating systems."
Hyperhost - http://www.hyperhost.net| -Linus Torvalds
hosting and Design

http://www.freebsd.org - http://www.linux.org