Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 1998 01:01:57 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>, purebeef@shaw.wave.ca, newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: using 1 machine (a FreeBSD one) to connect 2 pcs to the net via

Tim,

On Wed, Jul 22, 1998 at 05:45:39PM -0700, Tim Gerchmez wrote:
> Grrrrr.... anyone who EVER sends a series of attachments to me again via a
> mailing list

Those attachments were the config files he mentioned in the post. Instead
of copying the text into the message he added it as an attachment.

So what? For people who are interested in looking at his problem that
can actually be easier than if three or four config files have been pasted
into one long e-mail.

> without my permission is going to get mailbombed with 10,000
> ads for  Sam's Spam Sandwiches...

No they aren't. Because that will get you (and anyone else who decides
to do something that silly) kicked off these lists and will probably
generate many complaints to your upstream provider.

Could we all try and think a bit before threatening people with
mailbombing? It's not smart, it's not clever, and it will get people's
accounts pulled.

Cheers,

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need