Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2001 23:05:19 +0100
From:      Matthias Schuendehuette <msch@snafu.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   isp-device broken?

Hello,

all I can say is, that the ISDN isp-device is not working any more with
kernels past 15th December 2001. It *does* work with the actual
Userland and a kernel of Dec 8th. It's perfectly reproducable, so a
misconfiguration is excluded.

In more detail: The device dials out, authenticates correct and gets
his dynamic IP-Address but there's no traffic possible after that, i.e.
no 'ping', 'traceroute' is locked and 'tcpdump -i isp0' absolutely
quiet. But isdnd shows some packets going around...

What I saw is, that jlemon changed src/sys/i4b/driver/ispppsubr.c on
Dec. 14th (but it doesn't work with the former version either), so
perhaps he (or someone other?) has an idea of what could evetually have
broken 'isp'....

Ciao/BSD - Matthias