Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:26:25 +1000
From:      Luke Mitchell <luke@neither.apana.org.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: What are the steps to start a binary at startup?

Mike Meyer wrote:

> > It almost seems like it's being killed by FreeBSD in some
> sort of process
> > cleanup. Is this possible? or likely? Any ideas?
>
> That's pretty much it. The problem I ran into was that something in
> the startup sequence was sending HUP signals to my daemon to force it
> to reread their it's files. Try ignoring HUP signals, and see if that
> helps.

I tried running it with "nohup command &", but it still exits. Do you happen
to know what the command arguments are? I've looked at man 1 nohup, but it
is amazingly incomplete. The man page says that nohup can have an argument
to also ignore SIGQUIT, but doesn't say what the arg is :-(.

Thanks
Luke Mitchell