Date:      27 Apr 2000 09:59:49 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: upgrade 3.4 to 4.0 build problem

kstewart@3-cities.com (Kent Stewart) writes:

> Steve Slater wrote:
> >
> > Starting with 3.4-stable, I cvs's the 4.0 stable sources (RELENG_4)
> > and started a 'make buildworld'. It died on this line:
> >

> Re-cvsup, the fix was commited last night and I did a cvsup today and
> it built just fine.

The handbook *strongly* recommends reading the freebsd-stable mailing
list if you're going to track -STABLE.

The original poster should also be aware that /usr/src/UPDATING is
required reading for doing a source upgrade across major-version
boundaries (and might be helpful on other upgrades as well).
'make buildworld' isn't going to cut it for what he's doing anyway.

 - Lowell Gilbert