Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:03:43 -0800
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   January BAFUG meeting in Berkeley

                           -- Berkeley BAFUG --
                      (Bay Area FreeBSD Users Group)

                           January 2000 Meeting

The Berkeley chapter of the Bay Area FreeBSD Users Group (BAFUG) will be
holding its monthly meeting on Thursday, January 27th. This month's
meeting will be held at The Transbay / UC Computers at 2569 Telegraph
Ave. in Berkeley. The meeting will start at 7:30 pm. Our Agenda will be :

Agenda :

    ==> Josef Grosch will give an informal talk on setup Jserv which is a
        Java servelet running within Apache.

    ==> Josef Grosch will talk about BAFUGs plans for the upcoming
        Install-A-Thon to be held on February 26th at The Robert Austin
        Computer Show at the Oakland Convention Center.

    ==> Pizza and Soda will be ordered and the hat will be passed `round

    ==> Of course, we will have the usually kvetchen about sundry topics

Location:
    This months meeting will be held at UC Computers / Transbay in
    Berkeley. UC Computers is located at 2569 Telegraph Ave. between Parker
    & Baker Streets. There is limited parking on the street. Their phone
    number is (510) 649-6087.

Time:
    The meeting starts at 7:30ish with pizza showing up around 7:15ish. We
    generally get kicked out around 11:00 pm.

Directions:

By AC Transit bus:
    By AC Transit bus: Routes 40 El Cerrito - Bayfair, 64 Downtown Berkeley
    - Merritt College, 51 Berkeley - Oakland - Alameda, 52 U.C. Village -
    U.C. Campus, 7 Del Norte BART - Rockridge BART, and "U" San Francisco -
    Berkeley stop nearby.

By BART:
    From the downtown Berkeley station, walk uphill (east) one block on
    Allston Way to Oxford Street at the edge of the UC campus, turning
    right (south) two blocks to turn left (east) onto Bancroft Way. Walk
    three blocks uphill to turn right (south) onto Telegraph
    Avenue. Transbay/UC Computers is 5 1/2 short blocks ahead, at 2569
    Telegraph.

By Car:
    By car: From I-80, exit eastbound on University Avenue, and proceed two
    miles to the end, turning right (south) on Oxford Street. Proceed 11
    blocks along Oxford (which becomes Fulton Street) to turn left (east)
    on Parker Street. Go three blocks to Telegraph, and park where you
    can. Transbay/UC Computers is at 2569 Telegraph.

WWW info:
    More info can be found at the following URLs

        http://www.transbay.net
        http://www.bafug.org

Contact:
    Please contact either Nicole Harrington <nicole@webweaver.net>, or
    Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com> on or before January 27th so we
    can have a basic idea of how much pizza, soda, and coffee we will need.

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 3.4
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses