Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 19:29:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Roberto Armenteros <rarmente@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   My mouse doesnt work properly when I run startx!! HELP...

I installed Xfree 4.2 separatelly "i obtained the
binaries from xfree.org." WHen I run startx,
everything works fine except for the mouse, who is
totally out of controll. "Note that I am using the
default x client, I havent installed any x client yet"
The pointer usually appears on the middle of the
screen and when i move the mouse it goes to the one of
the four corners and if I keep moving the mouse, the
pointer tries to move but it always goes back to the
same corner. The mouse configuration section from the
xfree configuration file is:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
# i have tried changing the protocol to ps/2 but sitll
Option "Protocol" "Microsoft"
Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"

I have also used the utility xf86config and I have
chosen most of the mouse options they offer, but
still, no results. I am using one those optical
microsoft mice.

 I have tried to give enough info, if u need more
please let me know. I would REALLY REALLY appreciate
your help...

     Roberto Armenteros