Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:54:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Doug Denault <doug@safeport.com>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.2 Boot. Should i report a bug?

This issue was discussed in detail on the questions list. Look for
"Missing operating system" issue" in the title and then branch out from
there. I regularly have similar problems with some old Dell laptops.  My
memory of some of the discussions is that older BIOS's can cause this
(don't remember why).

There is a utility to rewrite the boot record which I am looking for now.
If anyone knows, I would love a pointer. Otherwise I will post when I find
it.