Date:      Sun, 04 Jul 1999 15:48:36 -0400
From:      jcptch@osfmail.isc.rit.edu
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Frustrated Apache Error

On Sun, Jul 04, 1999 at 03:31:20PM -0400, Paul Stewart wrote:

> Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I shouldn't even need to have
> uncommented the NameVirtualHost entries anyways as I"m using IP based
> virtual hosts.. versus named based sharing the same IP...

Right, name virtual hosts require the IP address to be define in a
NameVirtualHost directive and subsequent <VirtualHost> blocks require
an actual FQDN (as opposed to IP address) to work correctly.

I'm assuming, then, that this server has two IP addresses bound to
it, the server's primary one and the second one you are trying to set
up as a VirtualHost?  The behavior you're describing is indicative of
tryng to use the same IP address for both.  Maybe you have them mixed
up?

--
Jon Parise (parise@pobox.com)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology
http://www.pobox.com/~parise/  :  Computer Science House Member