Date:      Mon, 4 May 2009 09:09:57 +0200
From:      "Schuendehuette, Matthias" <matthias.schuendehuette@siemens.com>
To:        "security-officer@freebsd.org" <security-officer@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-announce@freebsd.org" <freebsd-announce@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-security-notifications@freebsd.org" <freebsd-security-notifications@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [FreeBSD-Announce] RE: FreeBSD supported branches update

Hello,

owner-freebsd-security-notifications@freebsd.org wrote on :
> The branches supported by the FreeBSD Security Officer have
> been updated
> to reflect the EoL (end-of-life) of FreeBSD 7.0.  The new
> list is below
> and at <URL: http://security.freebsd.org/ >.  Please note that FreeBSD
> 7.0 was originally announced with an EoL date of February 28, 2009,
> but the EoL was delayed by two months in order to allow a 3 month
> window for systems to be upgraded to FreeBSD 7.1.

I have severe problems with this, because NFS-Locking is not working
on FreeBSD-7.1 and later with HP-UX clients. See several PRs which are
talking about this.

FreeBSD-7.0 is the last release that is working and that is therefor
still productive at our site.

What do you recommend?

with best regards

Matthias Sch=FCndeh=FCtte