Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:48:13 +0100
From:      "Remko Lodder" <remko@elvandar.org>
To:        "Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN]" <Danovitsch@Vitsch.net>, "70uf33q Hu5541n" <topa_007@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Avinash Piare <avinash@piare.org>
Subject:   RE: [Freebsd-hackers] Re: FreeBSD 5.1 Installation probelms

Sorry to interupt,

but i think that person x, since he has a weird name ;-) ,
means that the partitioning device of freebsd cannot access the extended
partition
at all.

I had this with a friend of mine, and we could not access the devices
anymore since it was
packed inside another partition (we migrated from linux to freebsd)
We needed to use a bit of software that could re-enable our partition.
Perhaps Avinash can reply with the software name/

Also it is possible that your partition is held inside another one,

how to resolve? No idea, i always started with a clean hdd, or a new one
when the current on needed to be saved.

Hope it helped a little.
Cheers

--