Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 01:34:56 +0300
From:      "Oleg V. Volkov" <rover@lglobus.ru>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there correct way for program to read from itself?

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 02:54:21PM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> I think procfs would be even more helpful (unless the 'file' is still
> done, or is it?)  You guys should have gotten my profs suggestion
> but someone obviously dropped cc lines.  *sigh*
>
> And Greg is definetly right, you should be able to look around to
> solve this problem, if the problem is then PATH, then searching
> the path is what you need to do, but I still think procfs offers
> what you need.
>
> man 5 procfs.

Look a this dump:
   481 ktrace   RET   ktrace 0
   481 ktrace   CALL  execve(0xbfbfdc9f,0xbfbfdbc4,0xbfbfdbcc)
   481 ktrace   NAMI  "./hellow"
   481 hellow   RET   execve 0
   481 hellow   CALL  getpid
   481 hellow   RET   getpid 481/0x1e1
   481 hellow   CALL  open(0xbfbfdb64,0,0)
   481 hellow   NAMI  "/compat/linux/proc/481/exe"
   481 hellow   NAMI  "/proc/481/exe"
   481 hellow   RET   open JUSTRETURN
   481 hellow   CALL  old.lseek(0xfffffffe,0x688,0)
   481 hellow   RET   old.lseek -1 errno -9 Unknown error: -9
   481 hellow   CALL  exit(0x7f)

I just don't know why lseek fails.

--
Oleg V. Volkov aka Rover                                         EH: LCM Rover
Join Elite Imperial Fleet!			 http://www.emperorshammer.org