Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 1999 02:05:27 -0500
From:      Tom Uffnera <tom@wact.net>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   sony vaio xg9 reccomendations?

any suggestions for the best FreeBSD configuration for a Sony VAIO
PCG-XG9 ? I unfortunately need to leave win98 on it, although I can
reduce the size of the partition it lives in. i run -current on most
of my machines, but so far i have no recent experience with running
FreeBSD on a laptop (not since 2.2.2)

from what i've seen on the current & hackers lists it seems like 4.0 is
probably not the best option at the moment, but i haven't had much of
a chance to look at how things work in 3.3 w/ or w/o PAO

i can live w/o the internal modem, and sound if necessary, but i would like
to have X, a well supported network card, and suspend modes. i'm pretty
comfortable with -current on my non-critical desktop systems and wouldn't
mind being a test site if that's where most of the hardware is supported.
--
Tom Uffner                                                   tom@wact.net

Themes were useless. Destiny was here, and the foot pedals were bleeding!