Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 1998 11:51:06 -0600 (GMT-0600)
From:      Victor Manuel Carranza Gonzalez <victor@usac.edu.gt>
Subject:   HP NetServer LXe Pro + HP NetRaid ... NO DISKS error... urgent help, please!

Hi!

I have just received my new HP servers. They have an HP NetRaid SCSI disk
array. when Booting from the FreeBSD CD-ROM (971006 Snapshot), everything
seems ok. FBSD recognizes the two AIC-7880 SCSI adapters, finds the SCSI
CD-ROM unit and the SCSI tape unit too... but nothing about the disks or
the NetRaid either.  When the installation menu appears, I select the
"Express"  setup, but it complains with a "no disks" error...

I have just one 2GB disk installed in the array (just for testing), and
the controller can see it at boot time.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Cheers,

Victor Carranza

P.S. I am a SCSI and RAID newbie...