Date:      Sun, 7 Jun 2009 13:18:31 -0600
From:      Tim Judd <tajudd@gmail.com>
To:        Mark Busby <redtick@sbcglobal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Samba3 domain controller howto?

On 6/7/09, Mark Busby <redtick@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> [...]

dns/dnsmasq for DHCP and DNS (will provide dynamic DNS)
samba for windows networking shares.  Samba is still only a NT4-type
DC, no Active Directory type of function (Group Policies, user@domain
logins, kerberos, ldap, etc)

Samba's own password db is quite advanced, but samba itself is still a
NT4-type of function.