Date:      24 Jan 2001 14:36:48 +0100
From:      Mads Hugo Pedersen <madsp@miba.auc.dk>
To:        "Andrew J. Siegel" <structure@home.com>
Cc:        "Freebsd-Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfw/nat

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Andrew J. Siegel stated:

> Alright just installed 4.2 w/ sysinstall....added options IPFIREWALL
> options IPDIVER options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD all to my kernnel config
> (icebox2) config'd and compile....did sysctl -a | grep fw...and
> fw.enable is set to 1....ipfw show issues one allow all for static
> commands, and something unknown for dynamic commands..
>
> try adding ipfw add 500 divert natd all from any to any via rl0
>
> and receive error:
> ipfw: getsockopt(IP_FW_ADD) INVALID ARGUMENT
>
> what's going on

I had the exately same error last night. I compiled a new kernel, but
forgot that i have updated the source. So I had to make buildworld
before i could continue. It is working perfectly nice now...

/M@ds
--
Those who write "Optimized for Netscape" or "Best viewed with MSIE"
never figured out the difference between the WWW and a