Date:      Fri, 4 Sep 1998 15:13:49 -0700
From:      Sean Harding <sharding@gutenberg.uoregon.edu>
To:        Silvio Sosio <silvio.sosio@acme.it>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Virtual PC

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Silvio Sosio wrote:

> I've bought FreeBSD 226 from Walnut Creek. I'm trying to installing it on
> the PC emulator for Macintosh Virtual PC 2.1 (Connectix), but FreeBSD
> doesn't find the (virtual) hard drive. I know that it's possible to
> install Linux on Virtual PC.
> There's anybody knows something about this problem?

I've never been able to get FreeBSD to install on VPC, and everyone I have
talked to has had a similar experience. However, it has always found the
HD. It blows up later in the installation. Do other OSes find it? Can you
get to it if you boot from a DOS floppy?

Sean

--
Sean Harding sharding@oregon.uoregon.edu|"They burn their bridges as they
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~sharding/ | go."