Date:      Sun, 1 Jul 2001 08:05:11 -0500
From:      David Leimbach <dleimbac@earthlink.net>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Real numbers on why loopback is slow in FreeBSD please read...

I am going to try to figure out what kind of hardware is in that weird
HP box today and ask my boss if its ok for me to develop the FreeBSD
version of MPI/Pro on my home machine...  He may not like that idea
for security reasons but I tri-boot linux/FreeBSD/Win32 and I think
I could get a more accurate measurement of what is going on [or may
not be going on] in FreeBSD.

Thanks for the responses and I will try to get a much better comparison
with more information for those willing to help me out soon.

Thanks again

Dave