Date:      Tue, 3 Aug 1999 09:18:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "Eric J. Chet" <ejc@bazzle.com>
Cc:        marcel@FreeBSD.ORG, phk@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VMware X11 and -current

:--0-169768575-933691257=:71237
:
:Hello
:	I have been using FreeBSD under vmware for a few weeks now,
:running 3.2R.  Everything has been running good including X11.  I upgraded
:to -current and the linux XF86_vmware server stopped working.  When I try
:and start the xserver I get an error "xf86OpenConsole: cannot open
:/dev/tty0.  I'm running -current as of 8/1/99 with the latest linux_base
:port.

    Try creating a softlink from /dev/console to /dev/tty0.

					-Matt