Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 16:58:37 -0700
From:      chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        <darryl@osborne-ind.com>, "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Multi-OS question revisited

I triple boot with 3 harddrives, works just fine.
during the install you will be given a choice of drives such as da0
and da1, where da0 is the first drive (primary master) and da1 is the
second (primary slave). Just pick the second one, assuming winblows
is on the first (which it typically is). and install the boot manager
on the second drive, you'll get at boot up a choice of which you want
- F1 for winblows (dos) or F5 for FBSD, then after its all working
install osbs boot manager, its quite nice. Found all 3 os's on my
machine.
Chip
Alternative Operating Systems
www.wiegand.org

On Thu, 01 Jun 2000, Darryl Hoar wrote:
> Greetings,
> I checked the archive and Handbook and couldn't find what I needed.
> I know its there but...
>
> I just received my FreeBSD 4.0 (from Walnut Creek although it says BSD
> Inc on the case).
> I have a machine with Win98SE on Hard Drive #1.  I have a Hard Drive #2
> that I want to
> install FreeBSD 4.0 on.  Could someone please point me to the correct
> reference for
> this ?  The Multi-OS page only talks about putting FreeBSD on a disk
> with another
> OS.  It doesn't talk about the 2 disk setup.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Darryl

Chip Wiegand