Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 14:48:15 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Who is screwing with my terminal?

Some of the messages in this list have extended character sequences in
either the From or the Subject fields that are absolutely wreaking
havoc with my terminal.  I'm reading things with Pine 4.10 through
screen(1) on a FreeBSD console (same thing happens on VT100 and ANSI
terminals too).  It causes random characters to be dropped from the
display.  Quitting Pine and reset(1)'ing the terminal fixes the
problem.  Could this actually be a Pine problem?  Am I just crazy?
Tell me I'm not the only one seeing this. :-)

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures (SPARC under development).
   ( http://www.freebsd.org )

-- "One should admire Windows users.  It takes a great deal of
    courage to trust Windows with your data."