Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 1997 18:44:42 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp21.tar.gz

Amancio Hasty wrote:
> If you like you can try guspnp21 which seems to work with
> the linux rvplayer and you will need to get also
> ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/linux_ioctl.tar.gz
>
> This is only for 3.0 -current .

I tried this, and it does indeed work. Well done!

I had do patch my system a bit to get it (linux_ioctl) to compile:

1) I had to put the guspnp21's soundcard.h into
   sys/i386/include (AKA /usr/include/machine).

2) I had to patch the code to work with untimeout. But it appears, on
   making a diff with a _really_ recent CURRENT, that some of those
   problems have already been fixed?

What is the most recent version of this, and how well is it working on
a _recent_ current?

Mark Murray