Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:09:03 -0700
From:      Aditya <aditya@grot.org>
To:        Rian Adriansah <riadriansah@jasatel.net.id>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: install freebsd on rlx 300ex

Hi Rian,

the best way to get such advice is to post to the questions@freebsd.org mailing
people can help.

However, here is my short advice:

you can install FreeBSD (any 4.x release or -stable snapshot should work) on a
RLX blade laptop drive one of two ways:

1) remove the laptop drive from the blade, install it in a laptop and install
FreeBSD on it as normal. The GENERIC kernel should work fine. This is my
recommended way of doing it if you are just going to try FreeBSD on the RLX
blade at first.

2) install on the blade using PXE -- but this is much more complicated to
setup. The instructions at

  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/pxe/article.html

should help.

if you have any followup please send it to questions@freebsd.org