Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 2008 17:08:13 +0100 (CET)
From:      Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche@ua.ac.be>
To:        "mail.list freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   XMing and FreeBSD

I have - in the same subnet - a WinXP PC and a multi-boot PC with
a) OpenSuse10.3, b) FreeBSD-7.0 (and c) WinXP)

I installed the free X-Windows server Xming on the WinXP PC,
and I can connect to the other PC when it is booted in OpenSUSE 10.3:
Xming is configured for 'open session via XDMCP', I specify fully
qualified hostname and I get the openSUSE username/password login
screen, etc...

(I didn't need to change anything in the OpenSuSE)

But when that PC is booted into FreeBSD - XMing only gives me a screen
with a grey background and a black X - connection seems not established.

The FreeBSD runs KDM as window manager and KDE as desktop.

Why and how to remedy?