Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 01:54:02 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        Steve Gegerson <webmaster@charisma.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Questions about web-based email

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Steve Gegerson wrote:

SG>  Do you know of any FREE or low cost purchase web-based email programs
SG>  available on the internet that will run on BSD UNIX? I have only found ones
SG>  run on Linux.

Endymion Corp's Mailman. I run it successfully as a non-profit service
on http://www.os.org.za/webmail (Endymion is
http://www.endymion.com) - the only thing is that it's not a compiled
piece of software - it requires perl5 to run, so anything less than
a 486 with 16MB of RAM for medium- to large-access sites is not advisable.

The machine is a 486 with 24MB of RAM, and has roughly 50,000 hits per
week to _only_ that - it works quite comfortably :)
---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@iafrica.com ; khetan@os.org.za
http://www.os.org.za/~khetan  * Talk/Finger khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za
FreeBSD enthusiast            * http://www2.za.freebsd.org/
Security-wise, NT is a OS with a "kick me" sign taped to it