Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 2015 14:16:33 +0100
From:      Gerhard Schmidt <schmidt@ze.tum.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with openssl 1.0.2 update

--MHcu8nFsoodu8o3oNsSwdv7uR8qCS7vop

On 23.03.2015 13:40, Guido Falsi wrote:
> On 03/23/15 11:33, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> we experiencing a problem after upgrading  the openssl port to openssl=

>> 1.0.2.
>>
>> /usr/bin/vi started to crash after some seconds with segfault.
>> /rescue/vi works just fine. Deleting the openssl 1.0.2 package
>> everything works just fine again. Installing the old openssl 1.0.1_18
>> package it still works just fine.
>>
>> it seams that besides vi the bash also has this problem. Anybody
>> experiencing the same or is this something specific to my system.
>>
>> I'm running FreeBSD 10.1 updated tonight.
>=20
> I am seeing runtime problems with asterisk13 (which I maintain), caused=

> by the OpenSSL update fallout.
>=20
> In this case, after some analysis, I concluded the problem is the
> libsrtp port requiring OpenSSL from ports(for a reason), causing
> asterisk to link to that too, which would be correct.
>=20
> Asterisk also uses the security/trousers port, which links to system
> OpenSSL. This ensues a conflict which now results in asterisk
> segfaulting and stopping to work.
>=20
> I'm investigating what can be done about this. As a local solution I ca=
> force the trousers port to link against OpenSSL from ports, but this
> will not fix the general problem. As a port maintaner I ony see
> modifying the trousers port to depend on ports OpenSSL as a solution, i=
> this acceptable?
>=20
Most Ports link against the port openssl if its installed and agains the
system openssl if not. That should be the prefered way to handle problem.=

I don't know if an incompatibility between system an port openssl is a
problem. I've removed the portbuild openssl from this server completely.

As far as i can see the problem is with openldap-client build agains the
ports openssl and used by nss_ldap or pam_ldap modul. I will do some
testing when my test host is ready. Testing on an Production server is
not that good :-)

Regards
   Estartu

--=20
Gerhard Schmidt       | E-Mail: schmidt@ze.tum.de
TU-M=FCnchen	      | Jabber: estartu@ze.tum.de
WWW & Online Services |
Tel: 089/289-25270    |
Fax: 089/289-25257    | PGP-Publickey auf Anfrage