Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 06:55:56 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.8 gone for good?

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 01:48:31PM +1000, Chad R. Larson wrote:
>I'd also point out that you can use anonymous CVS, or CVSup to fetch
>the 2.2.8-STABLE source tree and build it yourself...

You'll need a 2.x machine to do this.  You definitely can't build
2.x on a 4.x machine, and I suspect you can't on 3.x either.

[If anyone would like to prove me wrong, I'd like to know because
otherwise I'm going to have to downgrade a 4.x machine to 2.x so
I can do a 2.x buildworld for another machine too under-endowed to
manage a buildworld itself].

Peter