Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 15:45:22 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Chuck Paterson <cp@bsdi.com>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bringing LPRng into FreeBSD?

and later wrote:
> I am talking about releasing what is traditionally known as
> LPRng in BSD/OS.  BSDi has worked with Patrick on integrating
> LPRng into BSD/OS. Patrick provided BSDi with a Berkeley style
> copyright to go with it.

Has the person who is integrating this into BSD/OS returned from
vacation yet?  I have the impression that the exact details of
the licensing will influence many people's vote on the issue of
bringing lprNG into freebsd to replace the current lpr.

Assuming I have kept track of this thread correctly, I think the
above message(s) are the only ones who claim that lprNG will in
fact be available as a BSD license, as opposed to the slightly
different artistic license.  (I am not looking to debate the
relative merits of the licenses, I'm just saying that it looks
like a genuine BSD license would make this more attractive in
some people's eyes, so I want a confirmation on that detail).

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   gad@eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute