Date:      08 Feb 2005 16:23:03 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        dreyes@eaznet.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help with foxpro and FreeBSD 4.5

"Dante Reyes" <dreyes@eaznet.com> writes:

> I am currently trying to install FoxPro 2.6 for unix onto FreeBSD 4.5.=A0
> However, any time I try to run FoxPro, I get the message "Too many files
> open."=A0 After doing some research, it does not appear a file handling
> problem.

I'll ignore that last sentence, as I can't parse it in a way that
provides any information that could solve the problem.

You could be running into user limits or system limits.
The user limits are visible through the limits(1) command,
and the system limits are visible through sysctl(8)
(kern.maxfiles, kern.maxfilesperproc, kern.openfiles).