Date:      Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:57:26 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Grzegorz Danecki <g.danecki@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "screen" alternative

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 09:25:51PM +0100, Grzegorz Danecki wrote:
> Hi List!
>
> I'm running 5.4 Stable and I'm looking for something, that can let me detach
> my session leaving my software running. First thought - "screen", but hey,
> there is no screen package in ports collection :( Google says something that
> it was removed due to high cpu utilization few releases ago. Is this true?
> Are there any alternatives? Because as I can remember screen was frequently
> used and highly appreciated application.

"screen" *is* in the ports collection (sysutils/screen (or misc/screen if
you are using an older copy of the ports collection)).

It is not available as a binary package because when built as a package it
misbehaves for some (unknown) reason and uses a lot of CPU.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson