Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 13:16:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        Joe.Warner@smed.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape Cache Clearing Script

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 Joe.Warner@smed.com wrote:

:
:David,
:
:    Thanks for your help.  I created the script, saved it and set it to be
:an executable but now, when I run it while logged in as a regular user I
:get this message:
:
:(I named the script "clrcache")
:
:./clrcache: 15: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
:
:..and as root:
:
:Unmatched
:
:Here's what my script now looks like:
:
:#!/bin/sh
:
:if ! ('ps wxu $USER | grep -q [n]etscape)

this should be

if ! (`ps wxu $USER | grep -q [n]etscape`)

note that the quote mark is ` not '.  And that there are two of 'em.

Regards,

David