Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:31:01 -0700
From:      chip.wiegand@simrad.com
To:        klimenta@futurebit.com
Cc:        owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: traceroute works - ping doesn't

Appears the remote firewall admin has made a change and didn't inform us -
the icmp port
has been closed. I tried to install Apache earlier today, first app
install on this particular box,
but it failed. Every server it tried to download from resulted in no
access, not found message.
I just tried again, and it finally found a server to download from after
trying a long list of them.
I used port_install this last time. It appears to be going okay now.
Regards,
--
Chip