Date:      Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:45:30 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Subbsd <subbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2020: Will BSD and Linux be relevant anymore?

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 02:11:55 +0400, Subbsd wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 7/19/11, Konrad Heuer <kheuer2@gwdg.de> wrote:
> > To my mind we'll have to face a rapid
> > change within the next years, and operating systems of the future might be
> > Android or IOS or Windows Mobile or something similar which my base on
> > Linux or BSD but are something different.
>
> For 2020 year here is nice sugesstions make HTML5/JS based DE for
> FreeBSD and Co:
> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?p=141286#post141286 ;)

Those who develop for the upcoming "Windows 8" will be
pleased: Seems as MICROS~1 representatives made a scary
comment that HTML5/CSS/JS will be _the_ development
plaform, obsoleting all its many predecessors that
already forced developers to learn something new - and
now THIS! :-)

Julie Larson-Green's comment caused panic: "This is written
with our new development platform, which is based on HTML5
and JavaScript [...] And so people can write new applications
for Windows using the things that they, that they - are doing
already on the internet."

http://forums.silverlight.net/t/230502.aspx

http://forums.silverlight.net/t/230725.aspx

If you do further investigation, you'll see that it's
not as scary as I pointed out here, but I simply love
the pure imagination... :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany