Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 19:23:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eugene M. Kim" <gene@nttlabs.com>
To:        Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Subject:   Re: Security and other facilities at WC CDROM - the plan.

(Took the liberty to redirect this to -chat...)

    committers@FreeBSD.ORG,
    mark@grondar.za,
    jlemon@americantv.com
| Subject: Re: Security and other facilities at WC CDROM - the plan.
|
| On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Bill Paul wrote:
| [..]
| > Of course, one limitation is that if you use up all your one time
| > passwords before you return home, you'll be stuck unless you can find
| > an s/key key generator program somewhere.
|
| Nah, I'm sure with the "magic" of GNU-Win32, you could compile key(1) as a
| Windows binary, stuff that on a web site somewhere and grab it whenever
| you're on a strange Windows box.  Sure beats actually carrying around your
| passwords.

Well, if you really don't trust the Win95 machine, it is not a good idea
to give your secret password even to your home-grown program running on
it.  It is said that there are several Win95 programs that hide
themselves and capture *all* keystrokes from the keyboard into a secret
file. :-p

| > And somebody could steal your wallet and your password sheet. :)
|
| - alex

Eugene